Monday, January 14, 2013

Thank You Jeezus...I Think My Husband's Diet Is Ending!

Dear Turkey,

This blog is about to get a lot more interesting, because my husband finally weighed 1--.- lbs yesterday! (Honey, am I allowed to post your weight on the blog? Is that personal? Like if it told the world I weighed 143.2 lbs this morning would you think I was being too familiar with the World Wide Web?) 
So, now, instead of baking things, hiding them, sneaking them into work, and subtly slipping them onto the blog, I can just...oh wait, maybe that was more interesting. Either way, things are about to get more interesting for my husband's taste buds.

However, I devised this recipe before the big weigh-in yesterday morning, so, honey, if those enchiladas put you a little over the top yesterday, no worries. (Wouldn't you all love to hear about our delicious poblano-onion-cotija-queso blanco enchiladas with black bean salsa, homemade tomatillo sauce, buttery rice, and guacamole? Is your mouth watering? Would you love to see a picture? Well, I would love to tell you about them, but the recipe is PROPRIETARY. [Me: can we make this a few more times so I can put it on the blog? Honey: you can put YOUR recipes on the blog. Me: so can I bake something?])

Anyway, I CAN tell you about this delicious bread that I made yesterday. I combined about 2/3c sourdough starter (optional), 2c buttermilk, 1.5 c slivered almonds (further slivered by the tuna chopper), 1.5c craisins (mine were sweetened), 1c oatmeal, 1T salt, 1T yeast, 1t ground fennel, 1t orange peel, and enough flour to make a dough that forms a ball when kneaded by hand for about two minutes (it was probably about 2c). The dough should be moist but not sticky. Then I let it rise covered while we ran ten miles. I baked it at 350 for 65 minutes (actually I baked it for 45 mins, then I made my husband get up and check it every five minutes for the next 20 mins, except for the time that I got up, cut a piece off, ate it, and put the rest back in the oven).

then I tried to let it cool 

but that didn't last very long
So, Turkey, here is a challenge for you: make some delicious poblano-onion-cotija-queso blanco enchiladas with black bean salsa, homemade tomatillo sauce, buttery rice, and guacamole, and tell the world about it, so we don't have to keep our readership in suspense any longer. I'll bring the bread.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment