Friday, January 11, 2013

My New Job

Dear Turkey,

Since we haven't talked in a couple of days, I'd like you to be the first to know about my new job. Yes, I have decided to become a Critic at Large. Haven't heard of this position before? Just leaf through your latest New Yorker magazine and you will see it, right there, its own department. However, since I'm pretty sure that The New Yorker employs fewer people than are in my family, I have decided to also keep my regular job (that's right, Boss and Co-workers: your baking is safe).

After my successful review of My New Favorite Cookbook: Smitten Kitchen (attn: Deb Perelman -- are you reading this? is it taking so long to ship my complimentary copy because you decided to send me a whole case? oh...you shouldn't've). I have decided to review Peas and Thank You by Sarah Matheny (attn person who lent me both of these cookbooks: your free samples await you; you know who you are).

I liked this cookbook because it is:
1) Hilarious
2) Vegan, but doesn't use all kinds of weird ingredients that I don't have

"Constructive criticism comments:"
1) I think some of my pictures are actually as good as some of yours (okay, my best ones are almost as good as your worst ones, but still)
2) You are obsessed with Hawaii

So today I made "PB & J Cupcakes" (scroll down; once again: not on your blog -- props). But instead of "J," I used "Nutella." I also used regular whole wheat flour instead of the "white" version and it was still delicious.


these came together so quickly, with very few cups and spoons to wash


1.72 mins later
unrelated material

I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to indulge in these goodies!!

    ReplyDelete