Monday, August 17, 2015

The Best Muffins Ever

Dear Turkey,

Make these muffins and
You will agree with me that
They're the best ever


The Best Muffins Ever
(makes 24)

Ingredients:
- approx. 2 c grated zucchini (don't bother with the food processor, just use a cheese grater)
- 3/4 c canola oil
- 2 T whole ground flaxseed
- scant 1 c sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 t orange zest (I used dried)
- 2.5 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 2.5 t baking powder
- 1.5 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon 
- 1/2 c milk (I used soy unsweetened)

Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients and stir just until mixed. Feel free to add more milk if your zucchini is dry or you aren't using the full 2 c. The batter won't be totally scoop-able but it shouldn't be pourable either. 
- Line 24 muffin cups with muffin papers and spoon the batter into the cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. If you skip the frosting, you might want to increase the sugar by 1/2 c.

Enjoy,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. I made this recipe into one loaf instead of muffins. For someone who doesn't particularly love to bake, muffins seemed too time consuming... all those individual spoonfuls. I like to glob it all into one pan and call it a day. I didn't have any cream cheese to make frosting so I used 1.5 cups of sugar (the sweetness level is just right). I also used extra dark cocoa so the chocolate flavor is great. I would have added whole ground flax seed and orange zest if I had any in my pantry. That goes for baking soda, too. There is a reason why I am leaving this post anonymous... go ahead and judge freely. Google told me to throw in 4 more teaspoons of baking powder to make up for the missing 1.5 t of baking soda and it came out looking like a loaf so I call that a win. I baked it for 55 minutes at 350. This post took me a while to write because I kept interrupting myself to eat more bread. Thanks Tofurkey!

    ReplyDelete