Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Grilled Quesadillas

Dear Turkey,

Grill + Mexican
= really delicious
(and good left over)


Grilled Quesadillas
(makes 3, which is a lot)

Ingredients:
- 6 burrito size tortillas (I used flour)
- 3 c shredded cheese (or approx. the same amount, sliced -- I used Jarlesberg, which ruled)
- 3 peppers (I used red and green), sliced thin
- 2 small onions (I used white and red), sliced thin
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T salt
- 1 T pepper
- 1 T garlic powder
- salsa, for garnish

Instructions:
- Divide the cheese in thirds and sandwich between the tortillas.
- In a grill basket, combine remaining ingredients (except salsa) and grill, stirring, until the peppers and onions are really soft, almost falling apart. This took about 20 minutes on high heat on the lower rack of my gas grill. 
- When the veggies are almost done, place the quesadillas directly on the grill and cook until you can see the grill lines and the cheese is melted (this took about 3 mins per side for me). Once the cheese starts to melt you should be able to flip them without any problem. 
- Slice with a pizza cutter and top with the veggies and salsa.

Enjoy,
Tofu

1 comment: