Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Awesome Vegan Birthday Cake

Dear Turkey,

I had to convince
My mom that making your own
Birthday cake is fun


Awesome Vegan Birthday Cake
(adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 1.5 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c milk (I used soy) + 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 c water
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 t almond extract
- 1/3 c canola oil

Instructions:
- Oil a pie dish. 
- In a big bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. 
- Cool completely and then remove from the dish.
- For the frosting, I mixed together 1 stick butter (vegan is fine) at room temperature, 2-3 T cocoa, and 2-3 T maple syrup. I piped this out of a ziplock bag with a snip out of the corner. 
- Garnish with confectioner's sugar and fresh mint leaves. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment