Monday, January 2, 2017

Grown Up Chocolate Cookies

Dear Turkey,

If you're like my mom
Who likes unhealthy cookies
Say it's a cracker


Grown Up Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from here, makes about 30)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 c oil (I used extra virgin olive, but you can use canola)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c white flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c cocoa
- 2 T milk (I used soy unsweetened)
- 1 t dried orange peel, ground cardamom, ground fennel, whatever you have, or nothing

Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients and knead with your hands until a ball forms (add more flour or milk if necessary -- I didn't need to).
- I rolled out the dough on a piece of parchment to about cookie-sheet size and used my springerle rolling pin to make designs on it. I then baked it at 350 F for 15-18 minutes and sliced after cooling. You can use cookie cutters, just make balls, or roll out and then slice before or after baking. Either way, bake at 350 F on parchment paper until the outsides of the cookies just start to darken. They won't spread out while baking. 
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment