Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Baked Broccoli Tots

Dear Turkey,

This is one of those
Things that I could never get
Tired of eating


Broccoli Tots
(makes 8-12, adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 4 c broccoli, chopped small (I used frozen)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- 1/3 c diced onion or shallots (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- salt and pepper

Instructions:
- Thaw/steam the broccoli in the microwave until tender (if you're using frozen onions, you can thaw them now, too). Put the veggies in a colander and use a paper towel to squeeze out as much water from them as you can. 
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Oil a muffin tin thoroughly and divide the mixture into as many muffin cups as you want (this will partly depend on the size of your tin -- I think I made 8). 
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes, or until the tops are starting to brown and crisp. If you feel like they aren't going to hold together when you take them out, bake them a little more. Let stand in the pan for a few minutes before removing. Serve with chipotle tabasco sauce. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. My mom makes a spinach version of this, but being a broccoli fan I think I need to try this as its potential superior. :-)

    ReplyDelete