Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Homemade Vegan Gummies

Dear Turkey,

I try not to eat
Gelatin, so this was a
Tempting recipe


Homemade Vegan Gummies
(makes 10-20, depending on size)

Ingredients:
- 1 c fruit juice
- 1 T agar agar flakes (my grocery store has them in the natural section)

Instructions:
- I made two batches with two different kinds of juice. The 1c:1T is just a ratio, so you can scale up each batch as you see fit. 
- Bring the juice and the agar agar to a boil, stir and let simmer 5 minutes. 
- There are lots of ways you could proceed from here to shape your gummies. You could pour the liquid into ice cube trays, pour it into a bowl (which would give you more of a jello experience), or pour it onto a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet (which is what I did). Chill for 30 minutes until set.
- I used cookie cutters to cut out shapes from my gummy sheets. It was a big annoying, so you could also slice it if you go the cookie-sheet route. Store your gummies in the fridge and they will continue to firm up.
- This recipe gives you more of a jello-meets-gummy texture. I might experiment with cooking the liquid down more or adding some jam to make them a little more chewy. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment