I'm not gonna lie
This is probably worse for
You than "real" ice cream
Decadent Coffee Chocolate Roasted Cashew Ice Cream
(serves 4-6, adapted from here)
- 1 c milk of your choice (I used almond/cashew/macadamia blend)
- 1 c coffee (I used decaf espresso, you can also sub more more milk if you don't want to use coffee)
- 2 c lightly salted roasted cashews (I didn't know that this was a thing, but they have them at Trader Joe's)
- 2 T vanilla extract (for maximum scoop-ability)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2-3 T chocolate of your choice, shaved with a microplane (or whatever size chocolate chips, but the microchips are kind of magic)
- Soak the cashews in the milk and coffee overnight in the fridge.
- In the blender, combine everything except the chocolate and blend until smooth -- don't worry too much; it's not rocket science. If the mixture warmed up, put it back in the fridge.
- Add the chocolate and freeze in your ice cream maker. I found that it froze up pretty well in about 10 minutes -- it will still be soft, so plan to put it back in the freezer for another hour or two. You may need to take it back out 5-10 minutes before scooping, but if you use enough vanilla, you probably won't.