Thursday, June 13, 2013

Finally -- a Guest Post

Dear Turkey,

Since I am out of town (and I brought cloth diapers with me! -- like you care), one of my dreams has come true: a guest post. This post is by...let's call her...Grad Student...Cupcake...Mom...GradStudentCupcakeMom (why cupcake?).

Chobani Scones
By GradStudentCupcakeMom:

*Preheat oven to 425. 

RECIPE:
1 cup chobani yogurt (I used strawberry)
1 cup whole wheat (I used stone ground) flour
1 cup all purpose flour (I used king Arthur)
(you can use all whole wheat flour if you prefer, the scones will just be denser)
a little less than 1/4 cup of sugar (I used sugar in the raw)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 TBsp cold butter cut into small cubes
1 cup (or more) fresh strawberries (or any fruit that matches the yogurt choice)
1/2 tsp-1 tsp vanilla to scone recipe!  It depends on how much you love vanilla
 
*Mix dry ingredients together, add butter (use your fingers or pastry cutter to smush it up and mix it with the rest of the ingredients)
*Add strawberries and yogurt
*Knead dough
*Pat into rectangles (8) and sprinkle sugar on top
*Bake  for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.



Thanks GradStudentCupcakeMom! Maybe now you have paved the way for other guest post-ers...like...Turkey...?

Tofu


1 comment:

  1. This really looks excellent. My inspiration, besides the recipe, is the farm stand with fresh strawberries on the way home. I am beginning to wonder if Turkey is being saved for Thanksgiving? Hmmmm. Time will tell. Let's hope for health, good food, satisfying work and great friends.

    ReplyDelete