Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Giant Lunch

Dear Mom,

Even though you didn't finish your half of our giant lunch yesterday, I've decided not to revoke your mom-hood. You can continue to participate in my anonymous restaurant reviews in your important capacity as The Payer.

Yesterday, we went to my favorite Middle Eastern place. I have fond memories of eating there with you when I was a kid. Like the time that you forgot that there was a pita sandwich on top of your Previa and drove away.

In high school, my friends always wanted to go to the other Middle Eastern place. Because they have bad taste. They like hummus better than baba and spanakopita better than spinach pie. Munjed's has the best, smokiest, baba and the best spinach pie, by far. (But, I agree, their hummus isn't as good as King Davids').

We enjoyed spinach pie, feta & olives, baba, pita:


Grape leaves, tabouli:


And very fresh and crispy falafel:


Anyway, Mom, since you're not nursing me anymore, I guess I forgive you for getting full and taking home leftovers.

Heart,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment