Friday, October 4, 2013

Peanut Lime Noodles

Dear Turkey,

Remember when you and my family had those peanut lime noodles at the farmers market in 2006? Well, we have been trying to replicate them ever since, which is especially hard for me, since I wasn't there. 

That said, these are approximately just as delicious.

Peanut Lime Noodles:

Cook 3 packages of udon (and, no, nobody likes their udon al dente).

For the sauce, blend the following in your Vita -- ahem -- blender:

2 carrots (or 1 apple)
2 T fresh ginger
Juice of 4 or 5 limes
1 small jalapeno
4 T mirin
1 c water
1 c peanuts
3/4 c peanut butter (I use natural but I'm sure it would be really delicious if you used un-natural)
1/4 c chives or green onions
2 T miso (any color will do)
3 T sugar



I moss you,
Tofu



No comments:

Post a Comment