Friday, October 11, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Bars

Dear Turkey,

I'm having my family over for dinner tonight. In other words, I said, "Mom, do you guys want to come over for dinner?...Okay...You bring the salad...Do you have bread?...Oh, and it's bring your own wine...And wine glasses...And a stool, because we only have four chairs." Thus, a plan was made. 

In order to impress them, I will provide the cute baby, the risotto, and the Pumpkin Pie Bars. I just invented them. In other words, I combined one easy recipe and one hard recipe to make one really easy recipe.

For the crust:

1 c sugar
1 t baking powder
3 c flour
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 egg 
1/2 t salt

Mix until dough comes together, but is still crumbly. Smush into the bottom of a big baking dish (no need to grease it!). 

For the topping (shamelessly ripped right off the back of the pumpkin can):

1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground cloves

Mix until combined and gently pour over the crust:


Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes:


I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment