Thursday, March 27, 2014

Here's My Suggestion for that Deviled Egg Tupperware in your Mom's Cupboard

Dear Turkey,

I have a weird relationship with eggs (including my own). Sometimes I crave them; sometimes they gross me out, even the smell of them in cookie batter (which is one reason why I like vegan baking). The only deviled eggs I've ever come close to liking are your mom's. 

I guess that our moms come from the era of deviled eggs, and Tupperware expressly made for deviled eggs. Since DIY and re-purposing are so trendy right now, you will appreciate my re-imagining of said Tupperware. 

I saw this recipe and I knew that I had to try it. (I don't really want you to click on the link, because then you will see how much more beautiful hers are than mine. Mine took five minutes, however, and they look just as beautiful in my stomach as hers would.) This is a healthy, quick dessert that isn't really like anything in my repertoire.

I just melted some chocolate in the microwave (I used 70% bittersweet). Then I stirred in two sliced bananas, gently, until they were coated (this is where they would have looked much better if I had used a double boiler and dunked them one at a time, but, really, please). I froze them on a piece of waxed paper on a plate for about 10 minutes. Then I sandwiched them together with some peanut butter as glue, froze them again (IN THE RE-PURPOSED, VINTAGE DEVILED EGG TUPPERWARE!), and, voila:

strike a pose, Tupperware
honestly, have you ever been this happy when you were full of eggs?


They are kind of like an ice cream sandwich mated with a girl scout cookie, but you don't feel gross after eating them. And the peanut butter makes them satisfying, which doesn't mean that I couldn't eat the whole batch in ten minutes.

Hasta La Vista,
Tofu 



No comments:

Post a Comment