Sunday, July 13, 2014

And Now For Something I'm Not Ashamed Of

Dear Turkey,

Now that you have a flat belly, you can try this un-flat belly trick --

One Pot, One (okay, ten) Minute Lemony Parsley-y Pasta:


First, I would like to say that I have a flat belly and I eat pasta all the time, so don't believe those haters. 

Second, cook some beautiful veggie elbows (or whatever elbows your mom has). Meanwhile, microwave a T or 2 of butter in your eating bowl (no other bowls required). While it's still hot, add about the same amount of olive oil and lemon, a few twists of pepper, and a generous handful of cut up parsley. I usually prefer Italian parsley but the curly kind was really good here. Make sure that the butter is hot enough to wilt the parsley and also help the flavors marry while the pasta cooks (it is the officiant at the wedding of these flavors). Then dump the drained pasta on top of the sauce and top with some tomatoes and cheese (if you don't use cheese, put some salt in the sauce). 

Just try it, and you will like me more,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment