Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Even Easier Dinosaur BBQ Beans and Rice

Dear Turkey,

If you have been too lazy to enjoy my other Dinosaur BBQ Rice and Beans, here is an even lazier version. First, take all of the old veggies out of your fridge and saute them in some olive oil (I used red onion, white onion, shallots, carrots, and Italian parsley). I made Texmati rice with veggie broth in the rice cooker:


Add a few T of honey, Dinosaur BBQ sauce (I told you it was easy), and lemon juice:


When everything is deliciously brown, add a big can of black beans, undrained. Cook it down as much as you like, and add more seasonings to taste (these beans were unusual for me because I left out my usual friends garlic and cumin). Wrap it all up in a burrito with cheese and salsa:



For a low-cal dessert, spread nutella in a tortilla shell, microwave it, and sprinkle with cocoa (haha):


Here is a real low-cal dessert -- blend frozen mango, soymilk, yogurt, and honey and freeze in popsicle molds:
 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment