Sunday, December 21, 2014

Festive Cranberry Cupcakes

Dear Turkey,

Holiday party food: I want something easy to make (I have a toddler), something that I don't have to mess around with/warm up/wash dishes when I get there, something that looks festive, and something that can be an appetizer/bread/dessert/whatever it is I'm supposed to bring.

Also, I had a bag of cranberries in my freezer and I wanted to make something like a pound cake, but I didn't want to have to worry about bringing a whole cake somewhere, and I had two parties to go to this weekend (yup, two, I'm popular). I found this recipe and I was pleased that it met all of my holiday party food criteria, plus the cupcakes (or muffins, if that's what I'm supposed to bring!) are really festively beautiful in a kind of cool and different way, and the whole cranberries counterbalance the sweet buttery cake.

Festive Holiday Cranberry Explosion Cupcakes
(for 24 cupcakes)

Ingredients:
- 3/4 c butter, soft
- 3 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract 
- 2 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) cranberries (I took mine right out of the freezer)

Instructions:
- Using the kitchen-aid on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar with the whisk attachment for about 5 minutes, adding the salt and extracts sometime in there. The mixture should be light yellow and ribbon-y (this can be accomplished by hand if you're hardcore). 
- On low speed, add the butter and the flour and beat until mixed in. Stir in the cranberries.
- Spoon into 24 muffin papers and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. They turn brown fast, but you don't want to underbake them either.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment