Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gluten Free Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Dear Turkey,

Just because gluten and I are friends, that doesn't mean that I'm oblivious to the gluten-free frenzy craziness um, movement.

I saw these cookies online and I was excited that they were vegan and had yummy peanut butter and maple syrup instead of butter/eggs/sugar (not that I'm not friends with those, either). I have rocked breakfast. cookies. before, but they were a little dry/healthy-tasting. I really liked how the quick-cooking oatmeal makes these a bit more chewy and delicious.


Gluten Free but still tasty and Tasty Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
(makes 20-24)

Ingredients:
- 5 c oatmeal (I used half quick-cooking but it would be good with all quick-cooking)
- 1 salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon 
- 1 t allspice 
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c peanut butter (if it's not really soft and liquid-y, microwave it for 30 seconds)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 2/3 c mini chocolate chips 


Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients.
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper and make 20-24 balls; distribute evenly on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes. I am in favor of under-baking all cookies, but especially if there are no eggs to worry about.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment