Thursday, January 29, 2015

Maple Chocolate Chip Quick Bread

Dear Turkey,

I love fast and delicious quick breads. See what I did there? Fast and quick. Both important.

I love the bread in the link above, but certain members of my family only eat baked goods with visible chunks of chocolate. If I use actual chocolate chunks, however, those get mined out, so I circumvent that problem with mini chocolate chips. This bread is delicious, but it's not super sweet and the maple and cornmeal are an awesome combo. It's also healthy enough to feed children for breakfast. (I had a pop tart for breakfast yesterday, so clearly it's healthy enough for me. At least it was an organic pop tart.)


Quick AND Easy Maple Chocolate Chip Bread

Ingredients:
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1.5 c white flour
- 1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 2/3 c plain fat free yogurt (or whatever you have), or 1 2/3 c buttermilk, or 1.5 c milk of your choice plus 2 T cider vinegar to curdle it

Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. Don't overmix. 

- Bake in an oiled loaf pan at 325 degrees for 60-80 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.

Enjoy,
Tofu




No comments:

Post a Comment