Friday, March 13, 2015

Baked Falafel

Dear Turkey,

Remember when I made falafel sandwiches? Yeah, that was, like, two days ago. And they were awesome. But I ended up with a ton of falafel batter in my fridge and I got sick of frying it every night.

So I wondered why you couldn't just bake it like a big, Middle Eastern veggie kugel? Turns out, you can. Now, this isn't the oil-soaked, just-fried falafel goodness like in my last post. But it's really good, keeps in the fridge beautifully after it's cooked, and is sliceable and versatile -- perfect for sandwiches, salads, crumbled on top of soup like a tender crouton, and vegan.

Baked Falafel

Ingredients:
- 1 recipe falafel
- 3 T olive oil
- 6 T bread crumbs or matzo meal

Instructions:
- Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle half of the bread crumbs over the oil. 
- Pour in the falafel batter and top with remaining bread crumbs.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 mins, until it looks sliceable. Broil for 2-5 minutes until the top starts to brown.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment