Tuesday, April 7, 2015

No-Bake Vegan Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Maple Cookies

Dear Turkey,

The name says it all. I used to make these cookies with my mom when I was little. In fact, this recipe may have been the first thing that I ever "baked" myself (and, since baking is mostly about eating the batter, I think I got the experience). My mom used to use dried milk; I was going to replace it with flax, but the dough came together just fine without it.

These cookies are vegan, sweet enough for dessert, and healthy enough for breakfast. They are easy to make, and your toddler can crush the crackers, roll the cookies out, and stick on raisins for eyes (cookies with more than 2 raisins also have a nose, or, perhaps, ears).

No-Bake Vegan Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Maple Cookies
(makes about 12)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 c peanut butter, a little soft (natural works fine, so does crunchy)
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs (about 1 pkg of crackers, crushed up)
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c raisins

Instructions:
- Combine the first 3 ingredients and knead with hands until dough forms. If you need to, adjust amounts for consistency. You can also add some ground flax seed to firm it up. 
- Roll into balls about the size of a ping-pong ball and press raisins on top.
- Chill for an hour.

Enjoy,
Tofu


No comments:

Post a Comment