Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Pumpkin Fruit Leather/"Jerky"

Dear Turkey,

If you bought this much
Fruit leather, it would cost, like,
A million dollars


Pumpkin Fruit Leather/"Jerky"
(makes about 10 servings, adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 3/4-1 c water
- 2 t cinnamon
- 5 T sugar

Instructions:
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients, starting with 3/4 c water. Add more if you think it's too thick to pour/spread over a cookie sheet without leaving a bunch of holes. 
- Do you best to get it over as much of the 2 cookie sheets as possible. Done is better than perfect.
- Bake at the lowest setting of your oven for 4-6 hours. I know. But fruit leather is so expensive. I used my mom's electric oven, which goes down to 170 F. I have a gas oven at home and I'm not sure I feel comfortable burning propane for that long. 
- You'll know it's done when it looks like fruit leather. However, if you cook it a bit more, it comes out like a fun, vegetarian "jerky."

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment