Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Savory Smashed Pea Bars

Dear Turkey,

As I've said before
Smashed peas are so trendy now
And these bars just rule


Savory Smashed Pea Bars
(makes 6 servings as an appetizer, adapted from here)

Ingredients:
- 16 oz peas (I used frozen), thawed (I just microwaved them) and mashed with a masher
- 2 eggs
- 1 c bread crumbs (I used whole wheat panko)
- 1.5 c grated cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and Mexican cheese)  
- 3 T grated parm for sprinkling

Instructions:
-  Mix up the first 4 ingredients in a big bowl.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a spatula to spread the pea mixture over the parchment (it will cover most of the cookie sheet).
- Sprinkle with parm.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Slice and top with BBQ sauce and Chipotle Tabasco.

Enjoy,
Tofu

1 comment: