Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Baby Pudding

Dear Turkey,

When we came home from the hospital with our beautiful baby, we also brought home four packages of Silk.  They were from that handy fridge in the maternity ward that is full of delicious free food. Well, that was almost a year ago, and I finally decided that I wasn't going to take them with me for an emergency-I'm-making-breastmilk-and-I'm-hungry snack after all, even though I had planned on it in my mind just about every time I left the house. They became part of the architecture of the fridge, which scared me, and they were about to (finally) expire. 

So I went on the Silk website (which has lots of tasty-looking recipes, actually), and found a recipe that called for a lot of Silk: chocolate pudding.  

Here they are, one final time; my fridge misses them.
Chocolate Pudding (adapted from Silk.com):
In a pot, combine:
1/3 c cocoa
3/4 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 c cornstarch
3 c milk or non-dairy milk, chocolate or non-chocolate


Bring to a boil and then simmer, whisking frequently, until it starts to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Then add 3 T butter and 1.5 t vanilla.


Put in beautiful wine glasses that the person who owned your house before you, who is a chef, left you in the cupboard. Chill until set.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment