Monday, March 4, 2013

What I ACTUALLY Ate Today

Dear Turkey,

I was going to tell you about the delicious meal that we made last night. Ahem. That my husband made: 

Spring rolls with bean threads, mint, cilantro, carrots, cuke, and peanut sauce.
My husband taught me something (I learn something from him, and my baby, every day, but I like to consider myself the Spring Roll Factory and I didn't know this): when you cook the bean threads, leave them in the pasta water in the pot while you make the spring rolls. Don't drain them unless you have leftovers to save in the fridge. They are so much easier to work with, and, most importantly, washing the pot is SO much easier. 
Another standby: slaw. Tofu, cabbage, radishes, rice vinegar, lime, sugar, salt, cumin. We call this Mexican Slaw because of the cumin. When we use chili oil we call it Asian Slaw. 
But actually what happened last night was that our baby was sick. And then I was sick. And I threw up. According to my grandmas, when you throw up you eat toast, or cream of wheat, and that's what I always ask for.
The usual Sunday Sourdough: 1/3 c starter, 2/3 c water, 1.5 c flour, 1 T salt, 1 t yeast. Cool rise. 475 degrees for 5 mins, 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Toasted and buttered by your husband.
Soy hot chocolate with cinnamon foamed by your husband. 
That will cure what ails you.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment