Friday, March 29, 2013

More Moby Dick

Dear Turkey,

Here is another keeper of a quote from Moby Dick (click here if you're wondering what I'm talking about):

For, say they, when cruising in an empty ship, if you can get nothing better out of the world, get a good dinner out of it, at least. And this empties the decanter. (Chapter 101)

I couldn't agree more, Herman. I usually spend all afternoon thinking about dinner, and all night thinking about breakfast. And it doesn't have to be fancy. Grilled cheese on this week's bread that your husband made (with tons of butter -- just turn your head when he puts it on to remain ignorant of just how much he uses). The cheese wasn't even homemade. The pickle wasn't even homemade. Neither was the Cadbury Egg that I had for dessert, but it made my evening. 

Happy Passover (Jewish joke)
I moss you,
Tofu 

No comments:

Post a Comment