Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring is Here!

Dear Turkey,

Now that Spring is here,

just kidding,
my mom made another one of her famous egg casseroles. It's recently become a tradition for her to make one after our weekly ten-mile run (Mom, are you reading this?). Sometimes she even brings one over to our house.
This time, she sauteed an onion and 4 cloves of garlic in some butter. Then she cooked some tiny red potatoes in butter and a little vegetable broth until they were barely tender. Then she wilted a pound of spinach (all of these can be done in the same pan, without washing). She mixed together 8 eggs, 1 c whole milk, 2 c Parm Reggiano cheese (secret ingredient), salt, pepper, the potatoes, onions/garlic, and spinach.
She put it in a buttered (can you tell this is the key word here) pyrex dish and baked it for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. At least that's what I think she did. I was running ten miles and making breast milk at the same time.

So I was good and hungry when I got back. 

Which is why I ate ALL of these pieces by myself.
And then, to celebrate Spring, I had a Cadbury Egg for dessert.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment