Thursday, October 23, 2014

I Am Seriously Old

Dear Turkey,

Since you already know that I am old, I am not ashamed to remind you that I like. bran. muffins. And I like prunes. Before you stop reading this and navigate to a youthful website, I want to say that bran prune muffins are really good. Like, really good. Even my toddler likes them. When I look at the ingredients I actually can't believe how tasty they really are.

Not Just For Old People Bran Prune Muffins (I know)
(Adapted from Bob's Red Mill [see link above])

Ingredients (for 24 -- if that's too many, make half the recipe, or store them in the freezer and microwave right before eating):

1 c prunes, sliced (and pitted, obvi)
2 c wheat bran (I recommend Bob's Red Mill and maybe one day when I'm famous they'll pay me)
3 c whole wheat flour (I know -- aren't you feeling righteous already?)
2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
2 c milk of your choice (I used soy, unsweetened)
1 c molasses (yes, that is all the sugar)
1/2 c canola oil



Directions:

Combine everything and don't overmix. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Use muffin papers.


From, an Old Person,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment