Thursday, October 30, 2014

S'mores Bars That Will Make Your House Smell Like A Campfire (in a good way)

Dear Turkey,

Thank you for posting on my our blog. Now my co-workers will stop asking me if you are real.

After you read this post, you will either
1) be jealous
2) wish you were not associated with me

Yesterday I was reading a Rachael Ray magazine academic papers at the public library (at least I don't subscribe to it, okay?), and I found a recipe for s'mores bars. I was really intrigued by this recipe; most s'mores bars are too complicated/snobby/crusty which detracts from the awesomeness of the whole idea. I became so preoccupied with these bars that I just had to make them today before work. At 9 am.
I made her recipe even simpler by eliminating some ingredients (they were originally supposed to have coffee in them). However, I think that s'mores bars need to be toasted, so I finished them under the broiler (after discovering that a candle lighter does not work as well as a blowtorch).

Simple, Not-Deconstructed, Toasted S'mores Bars

1. Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment.
2. Microwave 10 oz (which is almost a whole bag, after you ate a handful) of chocolate chips and 1/3 c sour cream until melted (I don't like sour cream, but this is a match made in heaven). If your mom only has low-fat sour cream, no worries. This melts quickly; don't burn it.
3. Crush a package of graham crackers (10 crackers) BEFORE OPENING THE PACKAGE.
4. Sprinkle half of the crackers on top of the parchment, and top that with 1-2 c marshmallows, depending on how much you like marshmallows (if you want to know how much I like them, see pic).
5. Pour the melted chocolate mixture on top, and then follow that with the rest of the crackers and more marshmallows.
6. Toast the top with a candle lighter blowtorch or broiler (this will happen fast! do not walk away!).
7. Let cool and set up in the fridge or freezer if you're in a hurry.


Jealous?
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment