Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What's Frittata With YOU?

Dear Turkey,

'Tis the season to ask the age old question: What's Frittata With You?

There's a lot to say on this subject, so let's just stick with what's frittata with me:


What's Frittata With Me?

My mom says I can make dinner but only if it's fast, uses stuff up, and she only has to wash one pot. This is just the kind of challenge-that's-not-a-challenge that I love. So I grate (it's worth it) a potato and an onion and saute it in a few T of oil in a cast-iron pan. Then I add about a cup of chopped broccoli, 5 eggs (I just cracked them directly into the pan), a little salt and pepper, and about 1/2 c (each) of cheddar and parm. I mix this all up just until eggs are mostly uniform, and cook it on medium heat until the eggs start to get custardy all the way through. Then I broil it for about 5 minutes until the top is deliciously umami. Serve with Dinosaur BBQ sauce and tabasco.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment