Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Candied Pecans

Dear Turkey,

The other day, my mom made a salad with candied pecans on it. After dinner, I went back into the kitchen and ate the lingering pecans at the bottom of the salad bowl. The next week, I made candied pecans myself. I kept walking over to the cookie sheet, announcing, "these are the last ones I'm going to eat before dinner," stuffing a handful in my mouth, and walking back two minutes later.

These pecans are like the nuts that you can buy on the street, but not a rip off. They are awesome on salad, soup, oatmeal, ice cream, or just stuffed in your mouth at any time. This is the kind of easy, tasty recipe that makes people think I'm an awesome cook.

Delicious, Delicious Candied Pecans 

Ingredients:
- 3 c pecan halves
- 4 T butter
- 4 T brown sugar

Instructions:
- Heat everything on medium heat. Cook 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until you can see the sugar starting to get ribbony and firm. Be careful, this can burn fast!
- Spread the pecans out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper to cool.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment