Friday, February 6, 2015

Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Maple Cookies

Dear Turkey,

Yup, another episode of healthy, vegan, delicious breakfast cookies. If you are sick of this topic, maybe you don't like breakfast. Or cookies. Either way we can't be friends.

I made up this recipe because  I wanted to show everybody that I am that good at baking I had some things in my fridge that I needed to use up. I don't usually bake with coconut milk and I was not disappointed. These cookies are not too sweet, so they can definitely rock breakfast or dessert, but the coconut fat makes them smooth (but not coconut-y) and the maple syrup really rounds out the satisfying factor.


Pumpkin Maple (and Almond, and Coconut) Cookies

Ingredients:
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 c coconut milk (from a can, not that fancy, healthy stuff)
- 1 c almond butter (I used crunchy) or PB
- 1/2 c maple syrup (feel free to use 1 c)
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 3 c whole wheat flour (or sub part or all with white flour)
- 1 c mini chocolate chips

Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl.
- Cover two baking stones with parchment paper and spoon out 12 cookies onto each stone.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment