Thursday, July 16, 2015

Creamy Mocha Popsicles

Dear Turkey,

When you have children
Don't be surprised if they eat
These before you can


Creamy Mocha Popsicles
(makes 6)

Ingredients:
- 2 c brewed coffee (regular or decaf), very dark, iced, slightly sweet (I make mine in a French press, pour it into a quart jar, and add the sugar while it's still hot to prevent crystals)
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c chocolate chips

Instructions:
- Fill each popsicle mold 2/3 full with coffee. Then fill until about 5/6 full with cream (you want a little space on top). The cream will sink through the coffee a bit for a nice layered eating experience later. Finally, drop a few chocolate chips in each mold. You could top these off with coffee liqueur, too.
- Depending on the size of your molds, you may have ingredients left over. Drink them. 
- Freeze

Enjoy,
Tofu


2 comments:

  1. Is the coffee hot when you pour it into the mold? I ask because I am curious if the chocolate chips melt at all before freezing or if they sit at the bottom (or top depending on how you think about it) in their original chip shape.
    -Iwasborntobe30

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Iwasborntobe30,
    I like your idea about pouring the coffee into the molds hot. My molds aren't that great, so I think they would melt, but I would say go for it!
    -Tofu

    ReplyDelete