Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Ode To Cream of Wheat

Dear Cream of Wheat,

Why are you so tasty? Why could I eat you for any and every meal of the day (This has happened. My dad eats you with butter and salt.)? Is it because you are so refined? Sure, there are healthier things out there; I could just chomp on a giant stalk of raw wheat, but you are fortified with iron the iron that they took out when they made you.




My favorite way to enjoy you is with some non-seasonal fruit that my mom bought, with a big clump of brown sugar in the middle that I can deconstruct at my convenience (this is way better than mixing it in, since humans like non-uniform tastes; it's the same reason why a clump of goat cheese on the top of a salad is more satisfying than crumbles).

Cream of Wheat: One of the Great Pleasures in Life

Ingredients:

- Cream of Wheat
- Water or milk
- Salt (don't skipt it!)
- Love

Instructions:

- Cook according to directions.
- If microwaving, stand there and watch to make sure it doesn't boil over. For real. 
- After plating, let sit for at least ten minutes with the toppings on. This is crucial, especially if enjoying with a big clump of sweetener in the middle, so it can melt.

Your #1 Fan,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment