Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Creamy Miso Slaw

Dear Turkey,

Remember that cabbage from the other day? Well, half of it was still in my fridge. And that was exciting because I found this recipe (which I modified) for a slaw that used up many things that also happened to be in my fridge. I knew that the combination of miso, Dijon mustard, and honey would be awesome and healthy. I was correct, and the Dijon rounded out the miso in just the right way. 


Creamy, Salty, and Sweet Miso Mustard Slaw


Ingredients:
- 2-3 c cabbage, shredded (I used napa)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 T miso (I used 3 T white and 1 T barley [the best])
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1 t Dijon mustard (yeah, it doesn't take much)
- 1 t sesame oil
- 3-4 T honey
- 3-4 T rice vinegar

Instructions:

- Combine first two ingredients.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and chill for a few hours to let the probiotic magic happen.

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment