Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Whole Wheat Marzipan Cookies

Dear Famous Author Turkey,

You probably had one of two reactions to the title of this post

1) Wow, I must make those (that was my reaction, obvi)
2) Yuck, I am going to skip this post

Assuming you answered #1 (or else you've stopped reading), I can see that you would have shared my excitement upon seeing these in the Wegmans magazine (I adapted the recipe slightly). I love whole wheat cookies, and not because I'm a health nut (because I'm not); there is just something primordial about the combination of butter and whole wheat flour. I was surprised to see how much flax the recipe calls for, but, trust me, it's worth the extra 75-cents or whatever.

Primordially Chewy Whole Wheat Marzipan Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 c whole ground flaxseed (like Bob's Red Mill)
3/4 t baking soda
1 tube marzipan (not the candy dough), 7-8 oz
1/4 c warm water
1 stick butter, fridge temp
3/4 c brown sugar
1 egg (I bet you could leave this out or replace it with a little oil and nobody would notice)
1 t vanilla
1 c bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Cream the marzipan, water, butter, and sugar in your mixer. Continue to mix in the egg, vanilla, and then everything else (chocolate last). Scoop 24 cookies onto 2 parchment-covered baking stones. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

This may look healthy, but your mouth will know otherwise:


Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment