Friday, November 21, 2014

Slightly Savory Muffiins

Dear Turkey,

I love muffins; I eat them for breakfast almost every day. But I don't have many savory muffins in my repertoire. I don't want to eat muffins with onions in them for breakfast and have onion breath all day. Also, savory food doesn't agree with me in the morning.

However, I wanted to make a muffin that I could enjoy with dinner, but wasn't so savory that I couldn't eat it the next morning: a muffin that could accommodate herb butter, orange marmalade, or even nutella (let's be realistic). Also, it had to have cheese in it.



Savory, but not too Savory, Corn and Cheese Muffins

(adapted from The New York Times, makes 24)

Ingredients:

- 3 c flour
- 1 1/3 c cornmeal
- 4 T sugar
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 c milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)
- 1 stick butter, melted 
- 1 c frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 c cheddar cheese, grated

Instructions:

- Combine all ingredients. Don't overmix.
- Butter two muffin tins (if you use muffin papers, they will be hard to remove).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes. 

Enjoy,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment