Monday, November 17, 2014

Black Bean Brownies!

Dear Turkey,

Last weekend, one of our friends told me that she had just made black bean brownies. To me, black beans + brownies is more intriguing than whole wheat + cookies. Then, she made it even more exciting by telling me that she couldn't tell if they were good. He husband hated them. "I think they are good," she said, "but maybe it's just because I made them." I can relate.

I knew that I had to try them. I tasted the batter and I was concerned. It kind of tasted like chocolate black bean dip, but not in a good, mole, way. But then I baked them. They were good, like a flourless chocolate cake (although they do have flour). All that weird bean-i-ness was gone. They were even better the next day. I think that if you hide the bean can, people would not be able to guess the secret ingredient.

Amazingly Good Black Bean Brownines  Flourless Chocolate Cake




Ingredients:

1 can black beans, rinsed like it's your job
3 T cocoa
1/2 c flour
1/2 c maple syrup
1/4 c canola oil
2 t vanilla
1/2 t baking powder
1 c chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine everything except chocolate chips in the food processor and process until it's as smooth as it's going to get. Then add the chocolate chips and process until chunks of various sizes remain. Bake in a greased 8x8 pan at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. These need some time to set up before you slice them, and I would make them the day before if you can.

Enjoy,
Tofu




No comments:

Post a Comment