Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One Bowl One Cup Two Spoons Muffins


Dear Turkey,

I've been making a lot of muffins lately (and taking them to work because my HUSBAND is still on a DIET!). If he would only take a little peek at this recipe, he would see how HEALTHY these muffins really are...but he probably would think that I was tricking him, because they are so delicious.

Also, they involve very few dishes that you have to wash at the end (which is good if you don't have a dishwasher like I don't), and you can eat as much batter as you want, if you are the kind of person who doesn't like to eat batter with raw eggs (no comment on which kind of person I am...but it would suck to get salmonella while nursing; that said, my eggs come from a friend with happy chickens, and those kinds of eggs almost never have salmonella). 

This is a recipe that I modified from that classic, The Enchanted Broccoli Forest, which I happened to get as a present from my husband on the very same day that he "surprised" me with the rice cooker. Ahem. 

Just combine:
3 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking soda
4 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 c cornmeal
2 c soymilk
1 c h2o
5 T canola oil
8 T molasses
6 T sugar
and
2 t cinnamon
in a big bowl. stir to combine. makes 24 muffins. use muffin papers. bake at 375 for 15 mins. cool.



I moss you,
Tofu

PS: Dear Blogger: you had better make this annoying highlighting go away. That is your job. I am at work and I need to do my job now instead of wasting time trying to fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment