Monday, October 15, 2012

Things My Husband Doesn't Like

Dear Turkey,
You know how other blogs have groups of related posts, where you can click on a fancy link and all of the posts like that will appear? Well, I propose a section called "Things My Husband Doesn't Like" (fancy link forthcoming). Luckily, there are lots of things that we make that my husband does like, and when we have a mutually-agreed-upon winner we write it in our cookbook (which is a big leather book with all of our recipes and hand-drawn pictures to go with them; we're on volume two already). But sometimes one of us makes something and I say, "can we write this in the book," and he says, "I think I need to fine-tune it a little more," which is code for "no."
So here is something that my husband wants to fine-tune a little more. In defiance of his misgivings, I'm going to immortalize it forever here, so that at least I can find it somewhere when I want to recreate it (when he's not home).
Crab Cakes with Tomato Jam from the Gourmet Cookbook
We love the Gourmet Cookbook. The only thing that we changed was that we used canned crab (because I was at Wegmans and I'm cheap, plus fresh crab was $22.99/lb. On a $100/week grocery budget, that seemed a little much).


We used the last of our homegrown tomatoes in the jam

At the end you add cilantro, which really makes it


Sorry, honey, what's not to love?
Here is something my husband did like: Korean Barbecue Lettuce Cups from Gourmet
I linked you to the recipe online because I bet you will like to make it the "real" way, with steak (but maybe with fruit you're not allergic to). We just mixed up the marinade, diced some tofu and soaked it in there for 30 mins, and cut up the fruit and squeezed lime all over it (we just put the Sriracha on the tofu). Delicious:
Beautiful romaine

So tasty











I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. Do both of your husbands have to dislike it in order for the recipe to be placed in this "fancy link" area?

    ReplyDelete