Monday, December 3, 2012

Attention (Tiny?) Blog Pulic: Submissions Required!

Dear Blog Public (c/o Tofurkey),

I think it is high time that we have a cooking contest, or if that's too adversarial, it could be a culinary showcase. I mean, sure, Tofurkey and I can post pictures of lots of delicious-looking food, but how do you really know it's ours? Even if it is, psssh, we could just be working off recipes. Where's our creds? How do you know we gots chops?

So challenge us. What's a flavor combination you really like and would like to see a new take on. Post some comments about something you'd like us to run with. Maybe you love pumpkin and walnuts, or maybe beets and beans. Maybe that's too easy and you want to see us get a garlic and banana craze going. Well bring it. And hard as I know it will be for all us meat-eaters, stay away that. I might make something with it, but Tofurkey will need vegetarian ideas to riff on (some fish acceptable). We'll pick a winning idea and each make a dish focusing on those flavors and then post recipes and photos.

Cheers,
Turkey

P.S. Dear potential kingmakers and blog sponsors: these kinds of contests are just the perfect vehicle for blog giveaways! Help us out!

P.P.S. Hey Tofurkey, notice how I posted twice in a row? See that? Now all your checking and rechecking the blog may pay off. I'd feel manipulated if I weren't so psyched for our contest/showcase!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not trying to make your lives difficult when I suggest the following - they just happened to be things I like (and rarely experience). Also, given my lack of culinary knowledge (thus why I'm reading a food blog) you should NOT feel obliged to combine these items into one dish.

    White pepper
    Tamarind
    Figs

    If I think of any more I'll tack on more comments. :)





    ReplyDelete