Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I Was at Your House

Dear Turkey,

While you are relaxing in the sunny South, I spent Christmas Eve at your parents' house, as per tradition. So I just wanted to share it with you, so that it would be kind of like we were together.

As you know, your parents are famous for their Christmas Eve menu, which includes lots of unhealthy appetizers, beer-cheese soup (which is made with beer and cheese? or a cheese called beercheese? I actually helped make it once, but I don't remember), delicious salad, shrimp cocktail with many dipping sauces, and lots of expensive little cookies for dessert. I personally drank two bottles of sparkling cider (and I had to pee all night because of it), so I think I got my money's worth. I had a great time, but it was really weird not having you guys there, and, even though you TOLD me that you weren't going to surprise me this time, I kept waiting/hoping for you to pop out from behind a piece of furniture or something.

here is the traditional table

with your mom's cool holiday china
Anyway, I really moss-ed you, and our baby had a good time petting your dog (even though I kept trying to wash his hands afterwards...I'm not OCD...).

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment