Friday, December 21, 2012

Scones Take a Vacation

Dear Turkey,

Here is a little holiday fable for you:

Once upon a time my friend and I went to this awesome new coffee shop. Everything there is great, especially the scones (and the coffee). Upon coming home, however, I realized that I probably didn't need to pay $2-something for one scone when I could make a whole batch for that much. So I made these from one of our aforementioned favorite cookbooks. 


as you can see, I used chocolate chips instead of currants

I used soymilk instead of cream (because I didn't have any, except what's in my breastmilk)

they were a little chewier and sweeter than the ones from the coffee shop, so next time I think I will cut the butter in with a pastry cutter instead of using my hands, and maybe use bittersweet chocolate and no sugar

then the scones went on a car trip to my friend's house...and my car smells really good now

luckily, we didn't eat them all, so I brought some back home (even though they are NOT on you-know-whose diet)
This morning, they were part of this complete breakfast. Well, let's just say this breakfast was completely delicious.

I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize how big the mega-scone was until I saw it on the floor of your car.

    Now I want a chocolate chip scone (and I usually don't like scones).

    ReplyDelete