Saturday, December 1, 2012

I Am Ashamed

Dear Turkey,

Sorry about the lack of cookies; now that we have a burgeoning readership, I will attempt to be more diligent about sticking to the mission statement of our blog, not to mention sticking to my husband's diet.

I loved your post about salad because, well, I love rules. And you accused me of being vegan. A wise person in my book club (that doesn't read books, but that's another story) told me that she has three requirements for salad:
1) a fruit
2) a nut
3) a cheese
We always ask her to bring the salad. But then sometimes she shows up with a pomegranate and she's like, okay, who is going to peel this?

Now, about your cooking rut. I was actually going to write this post before I saw yours, but now I feel that I have a mandate (unfunded, of course, since we are not famous yet) to tell you about one of our best old standbys. It can be eaten for any meal at any time. It's quick, sort of healthy, made with love, will solve any cooking rut, and will cure what ails you:

Chocolate Cream of Wheat

What? I know, that's what everyone says when they overhear me asking my husband on the phone if we can have it for dinner. Once I explain, they're always a little bit jealous.

You just make your cream of wheat (we always make it with soymilk, and a little salt), and then add a few tablespoons of chocolate and sugar at the end, whatever kind you want, however much you want. I am not ashamed to say that we probably eat this at least once a week. And we're always excited. This is one of a very few times in life that I recommend using a nonstick pan.



and that's how it's done, people
I moss you,
Tofu

PS: I wrote this post with a hiccuping baby climbing and drooling all over me and saying "dadadad" every two minutes. If I ever let him do a guest post I'm sure he will tell us about his lifelong quest to eat the computer cord.
see how I just brought it all back to this guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment