Friday, April 26, 2013

Bob's Red Mill Cookies

Dear Bob's Red Mill,

Thank you for supplying me with the free products for this post. Just kidding, you don't know who I am. But I still love you.

I really do love Bob's Red Mill. Usually when I see recipes from companies and they ask me to use their version of every ingredient, I get annoyed, but I actually DO have the Bob's Red Mill version of most of the ingredients here. I took a bag of Bob's Five Grain Cereal to work in the fall and I never ate it, so I brought it back home and decided to make the recipe on the back of the bag. 

Five Grain Cookies (adapted from Bob's Red Mill):
Combine:
1.5 c Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Cereal (or whatever you have)
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 stick butter, melted
1 c brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c water
2 eggs
1 c pecans
1 c chocolate chips




Sorry, Bob, I really did just throw everything in a big bowl and mix it up. And they still turned out awesome-ly. I appreciate your addition of water, because it made the dough hold together enough so that I didn't have to over-bake the cookies. 


Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes (I made 18 cookies, to give you an idea of the size).


Serve with your favorite beverage (just kidding: my favorite beverage is Bailey's MIXED with half & half). 


They have grains, so you can eat them for breakfast the next morning.

Love ya, Bob,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment