Monday, April 29, 2013

Oops...I Gained Two Pounds...In an Hour

Dear Turkey,

After a particularly speedy 10-mile run yesterday, I decided to make something I've been wanting to make ever since I saw it. Let me just say, it's worth clicking on this recipe just for the chocolate sauce. It comes together like magic and I predict that it's going to be a staple in my house.

After the sundaes were gone (it took longer to make them than it did to eat them -- this would not have been the case if I owned a Vitamix, however), I realized that I should make something else because we were having company later (or maybe that was my secret plan all along).

I saw the recipe for this cake and I knew that I wanted to add it to my repertoire. It's not like any other cake that I make and it's so easy to prepare: winning combo. It's kind of like if a pound cake and an angel food cake had a baby.

Marzipan Cake (adapted from 101 Cookbooks):

Put the following into the food processor:
14 oz almond paste
5 eggs
1/4 c cornstarch
Large pinch salt
6 T butter melted and cooled a little

Process until smooth(ish) and scrape into a buttered pan. Bake 350 degrees for 45 mins (for my size cake, which was baked in a pie dish). Cool.

Stir together 2 T buttermilk and 1 c confectioners' sugar. Pour over cake.

It kind of turns into a glaze, but not the yucky kind. 


Like I said, the consistency is so light, it barely crumbles when you slice it. 

2.34 mins after my little friend and I got to it. 

Yes, only two people ate this cake, and one of them is in grade school. And I already had ice cream. I am ashamed.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment