Friday, April 19, 2013

My Face Rash

Dear Turkey,

So I have this face rash. It might be the same rash that I had two times before. It's called Peri-oral Dermatitis. Translation: a rash around your mouth that nobody knows what it is. (See, this does have to do with food, because it has to do with my mouth.)

Here are some questions that I got answered for my $90 the last time I went to the dermatologist (no, they don't take insurance, so don't ask):

Me: What is it?
The Best Dermatologist in the City, His Son, and His Daughter (all staring at my face): We don't really know.
Me: What causes it?
TBDitC,HS,aHD: Spicy food, hot baths, hot drinks, exercise.
Me: Oh, all of my great pleasures in life. How do I get rid of it?
TBDitC,HS,aHD: Antibiotics.
Me: Oh, is it bacterial?
TBDitC,HS,aHD: No.
Me: So why do antibiotics work?
TBDitC,HS,aHD: We don't really know.

Summary: they don't know what it is; they don't know why it's there; they don't know how to get rid of it. Well, the antibiotics did work, but they're the kind that mean that you can't go out in the sun, lie down after taking them, take the right before bed, take them without food, the list goes on. AND you can't take them while nursing.

So, face rash, it's just you vs. me. Spicy food, hot baths, hot drinks, exercise: here I come. I will not abstain because of you.

I moss you,
Tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment