Monday, April 15, 2013

My New Toothbrush

Dear Turkey,

I have special needs when it comes to brushing my teeth; I can't do it right, and every time I go to the dentist, he yells at me. Last time he suggested that I spend $134 on an electric toothbrush. Not just any electric toothbrush -- one that lights up and makes a loud noise if you push too hard (to protect those vulnerable gums), and one that makes a different little noise when it's time to move to the next quadrant of your mouth (because apparently I can't tell time, either).

It took me a little while to get used to my head vibrating every time I brushed my teeth. And sometimes I still get confused and do things in the wrong order (turn it off BEFORE taking it out of your mouth). But, after a few weeks, I can see why people say that their teeth just don't feel as clean when they use a regular old low-tech toothbrush.

Of course, I also have to use special toothpaste because I have the mouth of an 80-year-old.

For example, beautiful things like this make my teeth hurt. For days.

Hello, there.

How does it charge on that little stand anyway?
In other personal grooming news, I have a new leave-in conditioner success strategy: wait until everyone leave the house before applying.

I moss you,
Tofu

1 comment:

  1. You two really are peas in a pod. (see that.... I threw in a food metaphor... where's my gold star?) My better half demolishes toothbrushes. It's too bad I can't post pictures in comments because I would love to provide evidence of the destruction. I fear he's brushing too hard, but our dentist hasn't warned him of receding gum lines or anything so I guess he's OK. Still though.... how someone does what he does to a toothbrush is kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete