Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Another Guest Post!


Dear Tofurkey (and Turkey),

As a Lt. Veggie Nugget, I’ve always looked up to my sister. She is beautiful, smart, super organized, and very dedicated. Especially to cookies. Actually, to baking and cooking in general. Which is why she is so good at it! So for my whole adult-cooking career, I’ve tried to measure (haha- measure, get it?) up to my sister’s cooking and baking endeavors.
This is difficult for me though, because my diet pretty much consists of rice cakes and salads, always in to-go containers. However, with the help of my always-hungry, always-creative boyfriend (let’s call him…Gluten-free-hungry-man), I generally am well fed at dinner. We have gotten very creative over the past semester, and here are some examples!


First, let’s have breakfast:
This one was a surprise during finals week- my boyfriend made me breakfast after my melt-down (and not a fun, cheesy melt)






Fresh-squeezed orange juice, coffee, soft-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt with gluten-free granola, and veggie hash. To make the veggie hash, just combine shredded carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, sliced tomatoes, and mashed black beans in a pan and heat! Add hot sauce, salt, and pepper. And, banana-chocolate chip pancakes, fruit salad, mimosas, and egg in a basket (cut a hole in a piece of bread, toast bread, and then crack the egg and cook in the hole). 

Next- lunch time! A grilled Panini on gluten-free bread with sliced pear, mashed avocado, arugula, cheddar or blue cheese, and craisins!

And finally, all our favorite dinners:




Lemon, salt, and pepper avocado and pepper salad with parsley, kale chips (roast along side the peppers in the oven) and maple-ginger marinated salmon.

Or….homemade sweet potato burgers with roasted cinnamon apples!





And of course, dessert:
 Or, if you want to party, you could always have a cored strawberry filled with strawberry-vodka jello shots:


So maybe not quite as prestigious as Tofurkey’s cooking endeavors, but we’re getting there! So thanks for the inspiration, Tofurkey, and someday we’ll do strawberry jello-shots together. Maybe.

Lt. Veggie Nugget! 








No comments:

Post a Comment