Saturday, July 13, 2013

On The Rise Scones

Dear Turkey,

Remember when I told you that I sort of stole some delicious baking recipes? Well, the person who gave me the recipes is coming over later (she will remain anonymous for her own safety). So I decided to give her a trip down memory lane. Just like the barley shortcakes, these taste much worse for you than they are.

On The Rise Scones:

Combine:
2 5/8 c soymilk
1 c canola oil
2 T barley malt
2 T maple syrup
1/2 T vanilla (you can tell this was scaled down from a bigger batch by the measurements)
2 1/4 c raisins
4 c whole wheat flour
1 1/4 T baking powder
1/2 T salt

Mix with hands until the dough comes together. It's a little moist-er (ahem) than regular scone dough. I made sixteen scones on two stones covered with parchment, baked at 400 degrees for 25 mins.


If they're a little too healthy, you can always smother them with butter and jam.

I moss you,
Tofu


No comments:

Post a Comment